This term, we have been creating radio advertisements as part of our persuasive writing unit. Our finished products are below. We hope you enjoy them!
By Calvin, Jada and Yesareg.
By Charli, Shykeena and Catherine.
By Jasmin and Oscar.
By Lency and Bao.
By Nathaniel and Tyrese.
By Nikhil 3 and Emmanuel.
By Nikhil 4.
By Ramla and Rakshiga.
Good morning Room 2,
This week, we will begin completing the On Demand assessments for English and Mathematics.
Click here to access the test.
A few things to remember:
- You will need to use Google Chrome to complete the assessment.
- You have 60 minutes to complete the assessment. You may be logged out of a question if your time runs out. You will see a warning pop up before this happens.
- Read the whole question before you answer.
- Have a go at all of the questions – we are trying to find out what you know.
- Try your best – hopefully you can improve on your previous score!
Good luck 🙂
This week in Maths we have been learning all about symmetry. We went on a hunt around the school to find symmetry in our environment and we used pattern blocks to create symmetrical models. Here is what we have discovered:
- Symmetry is like a reflection of a shape. It is same on both sides. – Khang
- When you draw an object and you put a mirror in the middle, you can see the symmetry. – Charli
- A shape can have more than one line of symmetry. – Emmanuel
- Down ball courts and table tennis tables are symmetrical. – Calvin
- The monkey bars on the playground are symmetrical. – Catherine
- ‘R’ is not a symmetrical letter. – Rakshiga
- Symmetry is everywhere. – Khang
- The windows in our classroom are symmetrical. – Shykeena
And here are some of our own symmetrical creations:
Last week, we spent some time analysing different advertisements. Now it is time to start planning our own! We need to think of some topics we could create an advertisement on. Let’s think-pair-share and write our ideas below:
- Gameboy or gaming consoles
- Lamborghinis or other cars
- Protection from natural disasters
- Spells and magic tricks
- Shoes will wheels
- Healthy food
- Vacuum cleaners
Now you are ready to choose an idea and start planning in more detail. You can use this website to brainstorm your ideas.
It’s always interesting to learn about the different techniques advertisers use to get us to buy their products. For our writing lesson today, we are going to compare two advertisements for the same product, let’s take a look:
Now we are going to watch them again. This time, you will be taking notes. Here are some questions to think about:
- What is the purpose of the advertisements?
- Who is the target audience? How do you know?
- How are these advertisements trying to persuade you to buy the product?
It’s almost time for the holidays!! We have had a busy term full of fun and learning. Here are our reflections of this term:
- Book Week was fun because we got to dress up as our favourite character – Shykeena
- I loved doing Writing this term because I finished all of my work – Jonathon
- The Bulldogs program with Shane and Mat was awesome because we had so much fun – Jasmin
- We got to watch Sticks and Stones and it was teaching us not to bully and not to give our personal details away – Charli
- The best part of term 3 was dressing up for Football Day and watching Sticks and Stones – Calvin
- I loved the incursion on Life Saving – Bao
- My favourite part was the Football Program because I kicked a goal – Jada
- We had athletics day. My team came second. We had fun – Tyrese
- My favourite part was doing reading groups with Mrs Gooderham – Nikhil 4
- I enjoyed Sticks and Stones because the performance was funny, fun and educational – Khang
We are looking forward to our holidays and coming back for a fun-filled final term of the year!! 🙂
Hi Room 2,
Your specialist teachers have their own blogs and soon they will be asking you to comment on them with feedback about this term. Click on the links below to access their blogs and share your comments.
You can also find links to these blogs on the right hand side of this page under SAEPS Blogs.