Good morning Room 2,
This week, we will begin completing the On Demand assessments for English and Mathematics.
Click here to access the test.
A few things to remember:
- You will need to use Google Chrome to complete the assessment.
- You have 60 minutes to complete the assessment. You may be logged out of a question if your time runs out. You will see a warning pop up before this happens.
- Read the whole question before you answer.
- Have a go at all of the questions – we are trying to find out what you know.
- Try your best – hopefully you can improve on your previous score!
Good luck 🙂
For today’s Maths lesson you will need to access this link and this link.
You can also use these at home to practise your probability skills!
Last week, we spent some time analysing different advertisements. Now it is time to start planning our own! We need to think of some topics we could create an advertisement on. Let’s think-pair-share and write our ideas below:
- Gameboy or gaming consoles
- Lamborghinis or other cars
- Protection from natural disasters
- Spells and magic tricks
- Shoes will wheels
- Healthy food
- Vacuum cleaners
Now you are ready to choose an idea and start planning in more detail. You can use this website to brainstorm your ideas.
It’s always interesting to learn about the different techniques advertisers use to get us to buy their products. For our writing lesson today, we are going to compare two advertisements for the same product, let’s take a look:
Now we are going to watch them again. This time, you will be taking notes. Here are some questions to think about:
- What is the purpose of the advertisements?
- Who is the target audience? How do you know?
- How are these advertisements trying to persuade you to buy the product?