Congratulations on a fantastic term Room 2! Thank you for all of your hard work and cooperation. Have a great break – be safe and responsible and most importantly, HAVE FUN!! See you in two weeks 🙂
We are going to watch a fun clip to help us learn about the 3 Rs – Reduce, Re-use and Recycle.
You will need your Inquiry books and a pen or pencil so you can take notes while we watch.
Now that we’ve watched the clip, let’s discuss! What did you learn?
- We need to recycle or the environment will go bad – Oscar
- The 3 R words are recycle, reduce and re-use – Nikhil 3
- We need to look after our environment – Shykeena
- We can pick up rubbish to help the environment – Jada
- Plastic bottles, paper and cans can go in recycle bins – Lency
- If we destroy our environment, we are destroying everything that depends on it
- We should change our light bulbs to ones that use less energy – Khang
- Don’t waste water and when you are leaving a room turn off the lights – Nikhil 4
- Hurting the environment kills animals – Tyrese
Now it is time to get into your Inquiry groups to work on an action plan for helping our environment. I’m looking forward to seeing your finished work 🙂
Today we are learning about being safe on the internet and why it’s important to think carefully before we post anything online.
This will help us to know what is OK to post on our classroom blogs, chat in online games and other social media. It will also help us to know what is NOT OK to post!
Let’s watch this video together…
Now we will watch the video again and take some notes to help us remember what important information it told us.